E.A. Farren, Limited is licensed to practice engineering and specializes in the design built project management of major infrastructure projects to LEED standards from inception to completion, on-time and on-budget. Typical projects in which E.A. Farren, Limited specializes include:
- Ports and Harbours
- Highways and Bridges
- Real Estate, including industrial and commercial
- Hospital & residential care facilities
- Schools & educational institutions
- City and infrastructure planning and implementation
- Energy Efficiency Management
The services E.A. Farren, Limited provides in the delivery of its services to its clients include:
- Project conceptual design
- Project costing and financing
- Project scheduling
- Design built oversight, due diligence, and quality control
- Project commissioning and handover
- On time and on budget project completion
E. A. Farren, Limited’s approach in the delivery of its services also includes project feasibility analysis, the identifying of potential financial stakeholders and players, in-depth discussion and analysis of scope of work, cost-benefit analysis, economic impact analysis, and business plan preparation that better informs and attracts potential project investors and outside financing.
E.A. Farren, Limited’s team of civil, energy, marine, naval and structural engineers and architectural design team are recognized to world-class standards.
Managing Director and Principal Consultant
- Education: M.Sc. (Econ.) in Industrial Relations and International Business, London School of Economics & Political Science, London, England.
- Private Sector Experience: Managing Director of a multi-million dollar privately held real estate portfolio involving constuction, financial and taxation management; shareholder, staff and tenant relations; negotiations with municipal agencies, contractors and tradespersons to coordinate design, construction and completion on time and on budget.
Consultancy work with companies ranging from 5 to 16,000 employees including the Fortune 500 and providing corporate leadership with solutions on significant matters that materially affect their bottom line as well as providing economic development solutions for several States in the United States.
Seminars and training programs for senior management and business leaders in Canada, the United States, and Europe.
- Government Sector Experience: Principal Consultant for a $19.6M dollar design-build waterfront civic center project built on a complex environmental site to LEED Gold standards involving team leadership, conceptual design, setting out the client's business plan and grant application, negotiations and interaction with federal and provincial funding and environmental agencies, stakeholders, and contractors.
Coordinated water, road, rail, and air transportation projects involving the public and private sectors at the Federal, Provincial, and State levels in Canada and the United States.
Coordinated, made presentations and organized international conferences on social and economic policy issues at the Federal ministerial and parliamentary levels, to Federal, State and Provincial legislative commitees and agencies including interaction with international and European Government agencies and enterprises on international trade, forestry, and shipbuilding issues.
Budgetary control and guidance in a multi-million dollar municipal government.
Board of Directors, Saint John Port Authority (Ports Canada) including Audit Committee, Business Development Committee, and Chair, Human Resources Committee.
- Education Sector: Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick Saint John. Taught senior level courses in International and Comparative Management, International and Comparative Human Resource Management, and Industrial Relations.
Assisted in developing the BBA Learning with Leaders Program and internship development in international settings in the MBA program.
Organized and developed visits with medium and large scale enterprises in Canada, the United States, and Europe for students within the BBA program.
- Awards: Award of Merit, Institute of Public Administration of Canada; Award for Outstanding Contribution, Faculty of Business, University of New Brunswick Saint John.
Sadaqat (Sid) Lodhi, P.Eng.
Senior Project Manager
- Education: M.Sc., Structural Engineering, Concordia University
- Professional Affiliations: Fellow, Civil Engineers Institute of Canada and Registered Professional Engineer in New Brunswick.
- Relevant Project Experience: Senior Project Manager for a $19.6M dollar design-build waterfront civic center project built on a complex environmental site to LEED Gold standards involving team leadership, conceptual design, setting out the client's business plan and grant application, negotiations and interaction with federal and provincial funding and environmental agencies, stakeholders, and contractors.
Project Manager to coordinate the design, construction, and commissioning of a $26M transportation operations complex from inception to completion and built to LEED standard with several innovative systems including passive solar heating and harvesting rainwater to wash buses, completed on time and on budget.
Project manager for major projects and part of overall selection teams for architects and contractors for the Saint John Canada Games Aquatic Center, NHL size arenas, and Senior Project Design Engineer and Manager for Real Estate & Facilities Construction and Maintenance.
Approving Authority for hospital design and construction work. Design experience gained with Doxiados Associates, Athens, specializing in addressing the problems of human settlements.
Project Manager to custom design shopping centers, to establish design criteria to suit clients’ requirements, and to coordinate with architects, engineers and builders for design-build projects.
Design team engineer to design a Bridge-Tunnel-Causeway solution on a $250 million project proposed for the Northumberland Strait, Canada.
Design engineer for a multi-purpose dam on the Saskatchewan River, Province of Saskatchewan, and design engineer for a mining and steel manufacturing operations facility in Sept-Isles, Province of Quebec.